High-speed sealed super-precision angular contact ball bearings
When contaminants, such as wood dust or swarf, get between the balls and raceways of a precision bearing, damage in the contact areas is almost inevitable. When cutting
fluid enters the bearing, it reduces the effectiveness of the lubricant, making the bearing susceptible to corrosion, higher operating temperatures and accelerated wear.
The end result of both of these scenarios is high maintenance costs combined with lost revenues from unplanned downtime and lost production.
Sealed super-precision bearings can virtually eliminate the problem of premature bearing failures resulting from contamination.
Where open bearings with external seals have been previously used, sealed super-precision bearings provide superior performance.
Machine tool design is becoming increasingly complex, particularly for multiple axis machining centres. Exceptional demands are placed on the main sub-assemblies such
as the drives. Sealed super-precision angular contact ball bearings provide optimum performance in applications where there is a need for high reliability and superior accuracy. The bearings are filled with high-speed grease.
Non-contact seals keep the grease in and contaminants out of the bearings, with the lowest possible temperature rise and without compromising speed capability.
These relubrication-free bearings are particularly suitable for metal cutting and woodworking machines.
• Non-contact seals
• High-speed grease
• Maximum number of very small balls
• P4A or PA9A tolerance classes
• Optimized chamfer design
• ISO 19 and 10 dimensions series
• Asymmetrical inner and outer rings
• Lightweight phenolic resin cage
• Shorter mounting time
• Prevent entry of contaminants, relubrication-free, extended bearing service life
• High-speed capability, good thermal stability
• Provide a high degree of rigidity
• Superior running accuracy, short running-in time
• Facilitated mounting
• Compact cross sections
• Accommodate radial loads, and axial loads in one direction
• Low friction, high-speed capability
Next: Hybrid Bearings